Planning to study psychology and need some additional funding? Check out these psychology scholarships on offer around the world, broken down by region…
Psychology scholarships to study in the US and Canada:
- Annette Urso Rickel Foundation Dissertation Award for Public Policy – a US$1,000 psychology scholarship is available in support of research on psychology-related public policy.
- American Psychological Foundation Scott and Paul Pearsall Scholarship – US$10,000 to support work that seeks to increase the public’s understanding of the psychological pain and stigma experienced by adults who live with physical disabilities.
- F. J. McGuigan Dissertation Award – US$2,000 is available to support dissertation research aimed at advancing a cohesive conception of brain and behavior.
- University of Guelph Graduate Scholarship in Industrial Organizational Psychology and other psychology scholarships – a range of funding opportunities offered by Canada’s University of Guelph.
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology – scholarships available include the Global Impact Scholarship and the International Student Grant, both available to international students who wish to study at The Chicago School, US.
- The Anna Gordon Memorial Endowed Scholarship – scholarships for psychology majors in their senior year in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Alabama, US.
- Virginia Commonwealth University – a variety of scholarships for psychology students at Virginia Commonwealth University, US.
- Gallagher Student Health Careers Scholarship Program – scholarships for psychology undergraduates in the US who wish to pursue a career in healthcare. Open to international students as well as US citizens.
- University of Minnesota Department of Psychology – scholarships for psychology undergraduate students currently enrolled at the University of Minnesota, US.
- Franklin D. Boyce Scholarship – funding for applicants who are attending or will shortly be studying an undergraduate degree in a health-related field. Applicants must demonstrate financial need and be a resident of Hopewell, Virginia or one of the surrounding areas.
Psychology scholarships to study in Europe:
- University of Copenhagen Graduate School of Health and Medical Sciences – full scholarships for psychology PhD candidates at the University of Copenhagen, with opportunities advertised twice a year.
Sholokhov Moscow State University for the Humanities scientific research funding – funding is available for both Russian and international students at Sholokhov Moscow State University for the Humanities, to support research in areas including experimental psychology.
- PhD Research Scholarships at the University of Sheffield Management School – scholarships for exceptional PhD candidates to help cover tuition fees and living expenses while at the University of Sheffield. Open to international students.
- Bangor University School of Psychology – psychology scholarships are available for both international and domestic students at Bangor University. The university also awards an annual Women in Science Bursary.
- Cardiff University School of Psychology – bursaries and merit-based scholarships are available to international students commencing undergraduate psychology degrees at Cardiff University. For students from outside the EU only.
- Reading University School of Psychology – three International Excellence Scholarships are available for psychology students from outside the EU who show outstanding academic achievement, with awards at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Nottingham Trent University: The School of Social Sciences Dean’s Master’s Scholarship for Academic Excellence – scholarships for psychology are available for postgraduate students from the UK and EU countries, worth up to half the value of the tuition fees.
- Epilepsy Action Postgraduate Research Bursaries – three bursaries of UK£3,000 are available to postgraduate students in the UK who wish to research the clinical, healthcare, medical, educational, social or psychological aspects of epilepsy.
Psychology scholarships to study in Australia & New Zealand:
- Australian Psychological Society – research scholarships for health science graduates enrolled in a PhD at an Australian university, who have completed the first stage of their doctoral program.
- SARRAH Clinical Psychology Scholarship – funding available to support students studying clinical psychology at postgraduate level in Australia.
- Victoria University of Wellington PhD Scholarship in Applied Developmental Psychology – scholarships for psychology PhD candidates at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand. Applicants must have an undergraduate or master’s degree in psychology. Open to both New Zealand citizens and international students.
Psychology scholarships to study anywhere in the world:
- Psi Chi – an international honor society in psychology, which offers a range of research grants and other funding to both undergraduate and graduate students.
Source by topuniversities